“You don’t have to be great to start but you have to start to be great”- Zig Ziglar
1) Develop a growth mindset instead of a fixed mindset
- Do not let the voices inside your head dictates what you can or you cannot do. You feed the beliefs in your head, so if you feel you are inadequate, you will be inadequate. If you feel you are good enough, you are good enough.
2) Know what skill sets matter in your industry and invest in it
3) Discover what you are really passionate about in life – one which gives you purpose and profit at the same time – and goes for it!
4) In marketing, know your target market very well and strive to give them an unforgettably awesome experience using your products or services
5) You have to have the technical expertise to dive into a career but what really sets you apart from the rest is how influential you are in getting things done and who you know who knows you (your relationships with others)
Ultimately the biggest take away is this: every single one of us is special- we have to really reflect on what we love to do and where do we want to be instead of just following the crowd.
Not every one of us is suited to be an entrepreneur and not everyone of us is suited to do a 9 to 5 job but who is to say that one of them is worst or better than the others?
As long as you are happy and comfortable, that is all that matters! Ignore the crowd and follow your own voice – deep inside you, you already know what you want.
Credits to Microsoft, Sqkii, DHL, Dystnct and Mr Benjamin Loh of Flare Communications.
Sign up for my premium investing newsletter